119 E. Union St., Suite B
Pasadena, CA 91103
(213) 545-8470 Phone
(213) 995-5010 Fax
UCLA Law School, J.D.
University of Southern California, M.S., Mechanical Engineering
University of Southern California, B.S., Mechanical Engineering
John D. ("Jack") McConaghy represents clients in a variety of areas including patent counseling and opinions, due diligence, licensing, interferences, prosecution, reissue and reexamination in the mechanical, automotive and medical device arts, including trademark and unfair competition and trade secret counseling and opinions, due diligence, licensing, prosecution and oppositions.
Mr. McConaghy is a lecturer and author, both domestically and internationally. Jack has been recognized by both Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers as a recommended intellectual property law practitioner in California. He is also a Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated Attorney and was named a 2011 Top Patent Prosecutor by the Patent Research Review.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- McConaghy, John D. "In Light of Low Patent Allowance Rates, Applicants Must Get Serious." Los Angeles Daily Journal. (2009)
- American Registry - Top Attorneys in Southern California
- Martindale-Hubbell® - AV Preeminently Rated Attorney 1983-2013
- Thomson Reuters - Southern California Super Lawyers 2005-2013
- Best Lawyers® - The Best Lawyers in America Patent & Trademark Law 2014
- Best Lawyers ® - The Best Lawyers - Los Angeles Patent Law "Lawyer of the Year" 2014
- Selected as one of California's "Super Lawyers” by Thomson Reuters' Super Lawyers Magazine (2014)
- Best Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year (2012)
- Southern California Super Lawyers 2005-2012